Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Princess Am I

The Stake put on a wonderful 'Valiant Miss' Conference this Saturday. My 10 and 11 year old Activity Day girls loved it! The theme was centered around the girls being princesses (daughters of a Heavenly King). The girls played a welcome bingo to start off (I also played...got myself three mini chocolate bars ;). Following the game, the girls divided off into three groups and attended three outstanding classes (Modesty Matters, Your Divine Nature, and The Importance of Gratitude).


I am a child of royal birth;
My Father is king of heaven & earth.
My spirit was born in the courts on high
A child beloved, a princess am I.

This conference makes me think of President Uchtdorf's talk, "Your Happily Ever After."

The girls made some really cute modest dresses out of wrapping paper! After the classes, we all gathered in the gym for lunch. I thought the conference was a great opportunity for the girls to strengthen their testimonies, make new friends, and have fun.

1 comment:

Amy MacDonald said...

ERIN! What a great idea, this is so awesome! I would of loved it too if I was those girls :) These activities are so important to youth.