Friday, June 11, 2010

Julie & Julia


My sister, Amy, and I have decided to do our own Julie & Julia project.
I told her that she can be the cute blogger (Julie) and I'll be Julia (not that my cooking expertise is anywhere near Julia Child's...but a few years as a Home Ec teacher is worth something).
Amy and her husband, Chance, are living in a hotel room for the summer.
Yes, picture it! A hotel room with a small crock pot, a toaster oven and a sub-par grill.
Amy, like the trooper she is, seems to be enjoying the adventure. As we talked about her current living situation, we decided
"Hotel Cooking for Two"
was a challenge we were going to meet (and with great success, may I add)!
Together, we are working to find delicious and simple recipes that we can both cook in our "homes"...if you will. I am excited to expand our recipe boxes and make some memories
while we're at it! I have copied a few of Amy's posts to catch you up on
what we've been working on.




5.08.2010

BFF

Needless to say my sister and I are best friends.
We have decided to start cooking over the phone/skype together
(I live in New Brunswick, she lives in Michigan). My sister (just like my Mom) is an amazing cook.So why not learn from the best(s)?

The only problem is Chance and I are living in a hotel for the next 4 months.We're going to come up with recipes that we can both make. Some will be recipes we've already tried,brand new recipes, and ones we make up!

Did I mention I've only got a toaster oven, crock pot, and tiny grill to work with? THAT'S RIGHT. Limited options? We'll just have to see about that...
The two of us are both going to make posts on our blogs to keep everyone up to date. I can't wait for some great meals! And probably a few disasters. Who would of thought I would start learning how to really cook in a hotel. Let the adventures begin!

"I'm excited for us to bond over cooking like Julie and Julia....just Erin and Amy."
- Erin Wallace

5.31.2010

I have learned how to cook quite a bit(having limited resources) since we've been in New Brunswick. I've made lemon and garlic chicken, taco soup, hickory smoke meatballs, french onion soup, cream chicken, teriyaki chicken, beef stew, garlic ribs, and more! They've all been delicious.

1 comment:

Amy MacDonald said...

Hehehehe <3
We have nick named ourselves Julie and Julia! I am not mad about that.