Wednesday, June 02, 2010

The Detroit Eastern Market

On Saturday we went to the Detroit Eastern Market with the McNerneys and Lows (it was Marcela's idea). Seriously, the market was fabulous! When we first arrived, I told Marcela "I hate these kinds of things. There are way too many people." Then within minutes I was buying grapes for 50 cents a pound and 8 kiwis/$1 and LIFE COULDN'T HAVE BEEN BETTER!!! "Devin!!! Check out these prices!! I need more cash!!" We got cinnamon creamed honey, green grapes, red grapes, grape tomatoes, regular tomatoes, broccoli, peppers, strawberries, cherries...you name it, I BOUGHT IT!!! "Marcela, I take that back. I LOVE these kinds of things. Let's come every Saturday!"

The intensity never ends people. It never ends ;)




After the Eastern Market, we decided to go to Belle Isle (as you can see from the picture above, we were clearly the minority). I didn't mind that one bit. I absolutely LOVE African American people and their culture. I especially love the friends I made in school and during my grad assistantship. I admire their confidence, energy, and STYLE (not to mention dance moves!!!).

Looks like we picked a really good place to picnic.




Jade was BOILING, but did NOT want to leave!

4 comments:

Shaune said...

Do you know how many limes you can get for a dollar? 100 limes!

Amy MacDonald said...

I loved this post!!

Trevor said...

Dev your hiding skills are no match for Man Tracker. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYTAn7YnxEU&feature=youtube_gdata

Erin Wallace said...

Ken wrote this and I love it:

Erin

I saw your blog on the Detroit Eastern Market.
How Many Limes for a $1?

Now you too have felt the passion!!!

Turn 2 Red Type personalities loose under these conditions, anywhere in the world, and you are bound to get the same results.

Seriously

Dad