Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Great Grandma Jean!

On August 20th, Zoe sat by herself for the first time! I love that she shared her "new trick" the day we visited Great Grandma Jean!!
So proud of herself!


Our weekend in Saskatchewan also gave me a chance to spend one last night on Grandma and Grandpa Tweddle's farm. With all the talk of Grandma and Grandpa moving off the farm and into elderly homes (and Gary's family moving into the farm house...which is a very good thing), I didn't feel like I was given a moment to say good-bye and find my own closure with the big change. Devin went to bed early that night on the farm, allowing me some time to walk around and reminisce for a while. Even though I was sad, I have to admit I felt peace and comfort from the Spirit, telling me everything was going to be okay. That night I had to embrace that sometimes change is hard, and sometimes it makes a girl cry. I enjoyed years of great memories on this farm, so it was hard to say good-bye. Perhaps in my mind's eye I can still see an awkward, skinny, frizzy-haired teenager (with an ear warmer on), cutting and sanding wooden crafts in the craft bus. Or maybe I can see that same girl selling baked good and crafts at farmer's markets and craft shows (standing proudly next to her grandma and most definitely wearing one of grandma's fancy scarves).
Thank you for all the great memories Grandma and Grandpa!

I LOVE YOU!

Grandma made stepping stones for each grandchild, with their names engraved and a picture that symbolized them.



3 comments:

Amy MacDonald said...

I only teared up once while reading this... I did pretty well, I'd say. Oh, how I love the farm.
We have SO many great memories there :) All of our video debuts, great cooking, learning how to make crafts... Good times my friend. Good times.
My favorite part about the farm is (obvi Grandma) and you! All of my great memories of the farm have you in them. The farm was a great sanctuary from the world :)Now we will just have to find somewhere new to run away to, together! Love you girl xoxo

Erin Wallace said...

I concur :)

Erin L. said...

This is a great post. First of all because I get to see a picture of Grandma Jean in a super sweet outfit. You've talked about her often and I don't think I've ever seen a picture of her/met her. And, secondly, because memories and change are both good things. A good friend of mine who is now 95 once told me that 'Erin, change is a good thing'. Even at 95 she thinks change is good. I learned a life lesson that day. Memories are so wonderful! I'm glad you took lots of pictures of the farm.

Love you Erin!