Sunday, March 27, 2011

Good-bye Good Friend

My 1994 Honda Civic took its last road trip on November 30th, 2010. Never mind that it took us 7 hours to make the 1 hour car ride to Windsor (because we had to stop every 10 minutes to refill with water and let the engine cool down.


We had 6 containers of putty in there!


One stop.

Another stop.


Another great stop (got asked for money twice while stuck in Detroit). One woman was wearing a white bath robe...sketchy!! Her line as she approached me was, "Ma'am, I don't mean no harm!" I must have look petrified.

All of our stops totaled 7 hours (I was able to write and address 65 Christmas cards).


Another friendly neighborhood we stopped in.


By the time we arrived in Windsor our car had over-heated so much they couldn't start it at the Car Recycler. Luckily, the "Retire Your Ride" initiative said the car only had to be in driving condition (we drove it there, so essentially it was in driving condition). Once I realized my Civic wouldn't start, I started screaming, "Go! Go! Go!"

Good-bye Honda Civic...we will miss you!

2 comments:

DENI KUTA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Dear mom Please forgive me , when I'm on the computer I'm not hiding anything, I just don't like you right next to me. =>http://denikuta.blogspot.com/2014/04/pakar-seo-asli-dan-ahli-seo-jadi-jadian.html