Thursday, March 18, 2010

Two Kids

Zoe's first smile was on February 10th (she was just over a month old). People say those smiles are just gas, but I know she was smiling at me because she likes me ;) She usually smiles after she's done eating or when Jade talks to her--it's pretty cute.

I couldn't really picture life with two kids before Zoe came along. The laundry has tripled, the house often looks like a bomb went off, grocery shopping takes me ten years (I wish I was over-exaggerating here), and I rarely (I mean almost NEVER) have silence throughout the day...but I wouldn't change it for the world. Zoe has been such a blessing to our family. Jade and I spend hours taking care of Zoe together. Jade helps with diaper changes and baths, gives Zoe toys to play with (still a little early for that), and waits patiently while I take care of other fun jobs (diaper explosions, spit-ups, fussy times etc).

Tonight someone asked me how many kids I have and I said, "Two." It was the first time I've been asked since Zoe was born...and it made me smile to think how our family has grown by two feet. Love you Zoe!



3 comments:

Amy MacDonald said...

I love everything about this post :)

Erin L. said...

What a great post Erin! I'm seriously counting the days until I get to snuggle that little baby and see you and Jade! I just CAN'T WAIT!

Amy MacDonald said...

Bahahah... I just noticed how Zoe's sleeping in the last photo...